Turning N Burning Studio, LLC
New Mexico Artists
Stove and Grill
Dual Head Mills
Bowls and Vase
Filling Pepper and/or Salt
Internal Saucer Mills
To determine if your Pepper Mill is Design “A”, or Design “B”, use the following information:
If you hold the bottom of the mill, and turn the body to obtain fresh ground pepper, your mill is Design “A”. The following is the procedure to fill Design "A" Pepper Mills:
If you hold the Body of the Pepper Mill and turn the TOP to obtain fresh ground pepper, your mill is Design "B". Please choose the TAB marked Design "B".
Design "A" Filling Procedure
To fill BOTH Salt and Pepper, complete steps 1 thru 6.
To fill Salt ONLY,
complete steps 1 thru 4 and step 6.
To fill Pepper ONLY, complete steps 1, 5, and 6.
1. Hold BODY and turn TOP (Shaker) counterclockwise to remove Shaker.
On "Dual Head Mills", begin with Walnut end
. (Maple end
Hold body and turn shaker counterclockwise.
2. Use a coin (Quarter works best) to remove the "Salt Retaining Plug", Turn
Turn "Salt Retaining Plug" counterclockwise
3. Fill the Salt Shaker to within 1" of the threaded Portion.
NOTE: In moist climates, it may be necessary to add a small amount of rice.
Fill salt to within one inch of threads.
4. Replace "Salt Retaining Plug" by using a coin, turn clockwise until snug.
5. Add Pepper Corns to the Body. Fill to within 1 1/2" of top.
6. Thread TOP (Shaker) Clockwise into Body.
WHEN THREADS ARE FULLY ENGAGED, THE WOOD GRAIN WILL BE ALIGNED